Anyone can become a “registered friend” of Mystic Grove after 6-12 months of attending and participating regularly. This way you can get to know us and make sure we’re the right fit for you. Membership month is every August and new applications can be submitted at that time for consideration.
- “Registered Friend Membership” shall be open to individuals regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, religious or national origin, social condition or gender identity.
- Regular Volunteers affirm sympathy with the Principles and Purposes of the UUA and with the purposes of the Mystic Grove as stated in its bylaws. They agree to the Code of Conduct. They do not need to belong to First Unitarian or any other UU congregation.
- Registered Friends are required to attend at least one ritual and one meeting a year and have a volunteer form on file.
- Registered Friends membership is open to persons 18 years of age or older. Parental participation is encouraged.
- Registered Friends may co-lead ritual, host classes, teach craft circles, and more when paired with a voting member. They may not hold office or vote on governance issues.
- As a Registered Friends, you are expected to complete the volunteer job(s) you signed up to do to the best of your ability. Should something happen you are expected to notify an officer that there is a problem in timely fashion so a replacement can be found.
- a “Registered Friend” Membership lasts for a year with the option to renew in August.
Request an Application Form
If you are interested becoming a “Registered Friend” member, you can download a copy of the Mystic Grove bylaws, and a membership application from the documents page to get familiar with them.