Our second Moon Circle session focuses on the Sacral Chakra and the Yoruba deity Oshun.
Sacral Chakra: Svadhistana
Concerns: sensuality, pleasure, relationship, intuition, creativity, and joy
Health and wellness issues: gonads, ovaries, kidney/bladder, intestines, liver
Herbs: fennel, coriander, damiana
Essential Oils: orange, ylang ylang, jasmine
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Moon
Tree of Life Sephirot: Yesod
Tarot: All Cups, The Moon, The High Priestess
Stones: Carnelian, Moonstone, Orange Tourmaline, Amber
Other deities and mythical beings: Freya, Aphrodite/Venus, Dionysus, Inanna, Hathor, Ostara, Eros, Kama, Erzulie Freda
FOR THOSE TAKING THE MOON CIRCLE CLASS IN PERSON, OR WANTING TO FOLLOW ALONG FROM HOME, HERE ARE THIS MONTH’S LINKS.
Links to Music We Used in Ritual:
- “Oshun Chant” by Women of the Calabash
- “Homage to My Hips” by Lucille Clifton
- “River” by Ibeyi
- “I Be Your Water” by Sweet Honey in the Rock
- “Sacral Chakra” by Beautiful Chorus
- “River” by Bishop Briggs
Deep Listening Questions:
- Is it possible, or desirable, for sensuality to be connected with all, or many, of our actions?
- Can the sensual be consistently felt in our daily lives?
- Are healthy sexuality and relationship an integral part of your spirituality? Why/why not?
- How does paganism deal with healthy sexuality in ways that may be different from other religions?
- Is there a time when you have trusted your gut instincts over intellectual knowledge? If so, what happened?
- What do you do just to play?
- How do you incorporate creativity into your life?
- Do you think that joy is connected to creativity?
- When you were growing up, did your family encourage you to be a kid, or were you encouraged to be serious and responsible? How does that influence your life now?
- Finish this sentence: I am beautiful when. . . List as many things as you can think of.
Homework is “pick your level.”
Medium level, all of the above plus:
- The Archetype of Oshun and the Divine Feminine video
- How to Open Your Sacral Chakra video
- Sacral Chakra Healing Meditation
Large level, all of the above plus:
pages 91 to 110 in The Living Temple of Witchcraft: Volume One, The Descent of the Goddess