Thanks to those who attended the Feb 3, 2019 monthly meeting! Here are the Feb Minutes if you missed it.
In our efforts to increase transparency, help Mystic Grove friends and fans keep up, and assist forming CUUPS chapters and other groups, we’re making it a goal to make more of our documents “public access” as we continue to revise our website.
The next meeting is Mar 3, 2019 at Noon in Room 1. Guests welcome to observe and learn how we work.
This months’ photo is the January 21 Super Blood Wold Moon lunar eclipse by T. Cook. Orlando was treated to a gorgeous moon overhead!
Many thanks to all those who came to the Feb 2 Imbolc celebration! You can view the photo album online at Facebook. If you have pix you want to share, please do!
CUUPS online member Erika Rivertree. has curated an hour long playlist of songs created for Imbolg by various artists to help you enjoy the season.
Our next ritual is Ostara. We will be celebrating on Mar 9. Cost is FREE. $5 love offering welcome to help replenish worship supplies.
- 6:15 PM — “Meet and Greet” in Classroom B with Chip and Toni. Come learn about Unitarian Universalist Pagans, First Unitarian Church, and the Mystic Grove at this friendly Q&A.
- 7 PM — Ritual in the Main Hall by Barbara.
- 8 PM — Potluck.
- 9 PM — Clean up. Out by 9:30 PM.
The Moon Circle for the Spring semester is now open! Moon circle is a “hybrid” experience. Unlike our “drop in friendly” solar rituals, lunar ritual is part of a study series. The first hour is class and the second hour is lunar ritual based on themes from the class. We meet once a month on 4th fridays for a total of 6 sessions.
This semester we are studying chakras:
- Jan 25 – Root Chakra
- Feb 22 – Sacral Chakra
- Mar TBD – Solar Plexus Chakra
- Apr 26 – Heart Chakra
- May 24 – Throat Chakra
- June 28 – Third Eye Chakra and Crown Chakra
In person class: $30 tuition for the series to cover art and worship supplies. One full scholarship and two half scholarships available. Class meets in Room 1 in the Education Building at First Unitarian Church of Orlando. It is located at 1901 E. Robinson Street.
Matching Facebook study group: Free. $5 love donation welcome to support scholarships and our educational programs.
“Book Group: Pagan Voices”
This 6 session book group meets at Noon on 3rd Sundays in Room 1. We will be reading and discussing selections from “Pagan and Earth-Centered Voices in Unitarian Universalism.” It is drop-in friendly and free of cost.We gather after coffee hour and read the selection(s) of the month out loud and discuss.
This month’s selections for the Feb 17 session are TBA. RSVP and watch the Facebook page for the announcement!
Last month one of our selections was Margot Adler’s “Vibrant, Juicy, Contemporary: or, Why I Am a UU Pagan.” which first appeared in UU World magazine.
While you don’t need a book to drop-in and check it out, your experience will be enriched if you do get your own text. You can order it online from the UUA Bookstore or from Amazon. You can also learn how the book came to be here.
At this month’s craft circle on Feb 15, Guest teacher Carter S. shares about her work with Magic Yarn Project — a group that creates washable yarn fantasy wigs for kid cancer patients. Bring a yarn skein donation or cash donation and watch or help create a new wig! There can only be 10 “hair stylists”, but others can observe the process and learn about the charity.
Mystic Grove welcomes helpers!
- University UU Newsletter Reporter. Email skills required. Using a template, you craft the blurb for our sister church’s newsletter about our upcoming activities. (20 min once a month from now until June 1 to cover the Spring Term.)
- Brochure Delivery. Your own transportation required. Pick up brochures/fliers and deliver to various locations in town. 1-3 times a semester, can be done one Saturday afternoon or spread out.
- Ostara Ritual — People to call corners and serve cake and ale. As always, “on the day” helpers who wish to help put out the chair and clean up dishes always welcome!
MYSTIC GROVE CALENDAR
The Spring Brochure is out! See the programs we’re offering in the Spring semester. Are you interested in becoming a Mystic Grove teacher? Hosting a craft circle? Email us email@example.com.
MYSTIC GROVE LINKS TO KNOW
- Mystic Grove WordPress: https://mysticgrovecfl.wordpress.com/
- Mystic Grove Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mysticgrovecfl/
- Mystic Grove YouTube: https://tinyurl.com/mysticgroveyoutube
- Mystic Grove 1U Page: https://www.orlandouu.org/groups/mystic-grove/
- Mystic Grove Calendar with PDF: https://mysticgrovecfl.wordpress.com/calendar
Questions or more info? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org