Happy Spring Equinox! We made this at Imbolc and shared at Ostara. In case you wanted to make some rose-orange potpourri of your own… This makes about 10 sachets with about ½ cup mix in each.
- 1 qt. dried rose
- 1 cup dried orange or clementine peels
- 1/2 c. dried lavender
- 2 tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean (cut or broken into small pieces)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (crushed)
- 1 oz. dried orris root (NOT powder)
- 20 drops orange essential oil
Mix everything dry together in a large bowl. Add the 20 drops of orange. Mix it again. Store in a 2 qt glass jar for 6 weeks for scents to blend. Shake periodically. Spoon into sachet bags when ready.